Earth Security Group and Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation
The session seeks to catalyse the next generation of business leadership on groundwater. The Earth Security Group is presenting a CEO Briefing: Global Depletion of Aquifers, with a study of how 75 large multinationals communicate their groundwater risks, identifying areas of opportunity for corporate CEOs to support transboundary groundwater governance.
The event will explore:
1. Practical examples of how business can impact groundwater governance in key geographies.
2. Views on opportunities for cross-sector collaboration to support groundwater decision-making, evaluating potential roles of existing corporate initiatives.
3. The interest of multinational corporations to deepen cross-sector collaboration opportunities to improve decision-making on groundwater;
4. The practical modes of operation and opportunities for the sharing data and other capabilities across the private sector, the policy community and governments to enable policy-makers to make better decisions.
Johan Gély, Head of Global Programme Water Initiatives, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation
11:05 Presentation and framing: CEO Brief: Global Aquifer Depletion
Alejandro Litovsky, Founder/CEO, Earth Security Group
11:25 Panel discussion & Q&A
Moving towards collaboration
The panel kicks off the discussion on opportunities and interacts with the participants from business and policy on opportunities identified.
- Anna Swaithes, Director Sustainable Development, SABMiller
- Youssef Filali Meknassi, UNESCO-International Hydrological Prorgamme
- Anders Berntell, Executive Director, 2030 Water Resources Group / IFC
Not available yet.