UN-Water Stakeholder Dialogue
To adopt an integrated approach to SDG 6 reporting and, thereby, help policy-makers keep track of global progress, the SDG 6 Synthesis Report 2018 on Water and Sanitation is currently being developed and planned for publication in June 2018.
This report will feed into the discussions of the High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF) in-depth review of SDG 6 in July 2018 and enables the United Nations to speak with one voice.
This UN-Water Stakeholder Dialogue invites participants to provide feedback on the structure and contents of the report and share their implementation experience. Following a short presentation of the structure and design of the report, an interactive discussion will follow with panelists on topics such as SDG interlinkages, synergies and information needs of public and private sector to boost SDG 6 implementation and financing.
The Synthesis Report is developed by UN-Water and the production is coordinated by the UN World Water Assessment Programme (WWAP,UNESCO). UN-Water Members and Partners involved in the production of the Synthesis Report of SDG 6: CEO Water Mandate, FAO, ILO, UNDP, UNECE, UN Environment, UNICEF, WHO and WMO. The data analysis is supported by CDP, UNESCO-IHP, UNIDO, UNU and others.
- Joakim Harlin, Vice-Chair, UN-Water
09:00 Opening remarks
- Jan Eliasson, Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nations 2012-2016
09:10 Introduction to the SDG 6 Synthesis Report 2018 on Water and Sanitation
- Stefan Uhlenbrook, Coordinator, United Nations World Water Assessment Programme (WWAP)
09:25 Panel perspectives
- Callist Tindimugaya, Ministry of Water and Environment, Uganda (tbc)
- Franz Marré, Head of Division for Water, Urban Development, Transport, Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, Germany
- Bruce Gordon, Coordinator of Water, Sanitation, Hygiene and Health at the World Health Organization
- Nanpet Chuktu, WSSCC - Programme Manager of the Global Sanitation Fund in Nigeria, hosted by NGO United Purpose
- Orlaith Delargy, Global Program Manager, Carbon Disclosure Project
- Jason Morrison, Head of CEO Water Mandate
- Angela Ortigara Programme Officer, UN World Water Assessment Programme, UNESCO
10:25 Closing remarks
- Joakim Harlin, UN-Water Vice-Chair