Building an ecosystem to provide WASH solutions through inclusive business
An interactive workshop that will challenge the Swedish WASH sector to provide access to clean drinking water, sanitation and hygiene solutions to 100 million people at the BoP by 2030. To explore this, knowledge and expertise need to be crossed among sectors, actors and geographies.
The first part of the workshop will present the Inclusive Business Co-creation Accelerator (IBCA), a 3-year project funded by Vinnova, which seeks to:
- Connect existing platforms and players both in Sweden and abroad
- Enable co-creation and build bridges between Swedish actors and actors and communities in developing countries
- Enable innovation that is user-based and based on a deep understanding of developing markets
- Support the establishment and scaling of inclusive business models with appropriate knowledge, partnerships and investment – especially for entrepreneurs and SMEs
- Ensure that research, innovation and business activities are aligned and complementary
The second half of the workshop will be participatory and active. Different stations will be set up to facilitate interaction, in order to form alliances among participants as well as engaging with strategic partners in developing countries, to lay the groundwork for an ecosystem for future collaboration that will be followed up during the next two years.
Part 1: Inclusive Business Co-creation Accelerator (Presentations)
9.00 – 9.10: Introducing the Inclusive Business Co-Creation Accelerator
Ana Perez Aponte, Inclusive Business Sweden
9.10 – 9.20: Inclusive Business Alliance for WASH
Jennifer McConville, SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden – Emerging Markets division
Part 2: Building an ecosystem to provide WASH solutions through inclusive business (Participatory - Active - Network)
9.20 - 10.20: Building an Alliance for Co-creation
- Different stations will be set up to facilitate interaction, in order to form alliances among participants as well as engaging with strategic partners in developing countries.
10.20 - 10.30: Summary and wrap-up by moderator