Means of Implementing the Post 2015 Development Agenda: High Level Perspectives
Attend this high-level heads of state and ministerial panel for the inside perspective on the key issues facing water and development, focusing on the financial aspect of the ongoing international processes.
The point of departure will be looking at the inter-linkages of the international processes of 2015 (The Sendai outcome on Disaster Risk Reduction, the Addis Ababa Conference on Financing for Development, the upcoming UNGA decision on the SDGs and the anticipated new UNFCCC climate agreement) and its implications on global and national level. The panel will discuss the issue of implementation, discussing the different means of ensuring implementation, focusing especially on financing. Potential obstacles and constraints from implementation as well as lessons learned from the implementation of the MDG’s and the UNFCCC financial mechanisms will be addressed.
14:00 Welcome address – Ms. Isabella Lövin, Minister for International Development Cooperation, Sweden
14:10 Key note – Mr. Christopher J. Loeak, President, Marshall Islands
14:20 Key note – Ms. Héla Cheikhrouhou, Executive Director, Green Climate Fund
14:30 Ministerial Panel
Mr. Torgny Holmgren, Executive Director of SIWI
- Ms. Isabella Lövin, Minister for International Development Cooperation, Sweden
- Ms. Nomvula Mokonyane, Minister of Water and Sanitation, South Africa
- Dr Hazim Al-Nasser, Minister of Water and Irrigation of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
- Mr. Manuel Pulgar-Vidal, Minister of Environment of Peru
- Mr. Jesús Gracia, State secretary for International Cooperation and Latin-American, Affairs, Spain
- Mr. Sulton Rahimzoda, First Deputy Minister of Energy and Water Resources of the Republic of Tajikistan
15:25 Mr. Torgny Holmgren, Executive Director of SIWI will close the event with a 5 min summary of the discussion.