2030 WRG Websitehttp://www.2030wrg.org
Read more about our work
With 75% of jobs directly or indirectly dependent on water, the risk to economic growth from water is increasing. Estimates suggest 45% of global GDP is potentially at risk by 2050, necessitating concerted efforts which balance environmental, social, and economic development.
Through a combination of blended finance, public-private partnerships, and structured delivery models, 2030WRG is fostering a collective stakeholder response to growing water security challenges.
The event will present transformational 2030 WRG country engagements, rooted in multi-stakeholder collaboration. Working in 14 countries/ states, in tandem with 642 partners across public- and private sectors, and civil society, 2030 WRG’s engagements have supported a number of “firsts” in the water
• In Bangladesh, we are supporting the first PPP transaction for a central effluent treatment plant in economic zones.
• Our work led to a path-breaking Groundwater Management and Monitoring tariff in Peru.
• In India, 2030 WRG, in collaboration with the World Bank and IFC, has unlocked the first wave of PPPs for wastewater treatment in the Ganga.
• We have supported the design of incentives for improved mine water management in Mongolia.
• In South Africa, through an automated Water Administration System, 35% of irrigation losses have been curtailed.
14:00 - 14:05 Welcome and introduction to the session
By Karin Krchnak, Program Manager 2030 WRG
14:05 - 14:10 Strategic fit
The World Bank Water Global Practice is the new host for the 2030 WRG to accommodate for large-scale expansion and impact. How do the following four themes fit into the World Bank structure? A World Bank Group perspective.
14:10 - 14:30 Thematic pitches by partners
Key (partner) speakers & 2030 WRG reps from Africa, Asia, LAC introduce the various themes that will be discussed during the breakout. They share a good example/ innovation/ successful program from a country engagement perspective.
14:30 – 14:40 Moderated audience Q&A
14:40 – 15:10 Break out into 4 groups for thematic discussions
The table discussions will be divided into the four themes presented earlier. The presenters/partners will facilitate the talks.
15:10 – 15:15 Brief announcement of 2030 WRG current work
15:15 – 15:20 Plenary feedback
15:20 – 15:30 Next steps, wrap up, conclusions