Water Stewardship: Partnership and Financing Models for Scale
With water demand outpacing supply and growing water risks across geographies, there is increasing recognition amongst governments, businesses and civil society organizations of the need for partnership-based models to catalyze water security solutions.
Focused on sharing lessons and experiences of water stewardship, this event brings together several catalytic organizations and initiatives to discuss the power of partnerships in accelerating stewardship outcomes. With a shared vision on how water stewardship can contribute to water security, these initiatives are increasingly exploring mechanisms for collaborative and concerted action, with the aim of scaling up impacts.
The event, aligned with the overall World Water Week theme of water, ecosystems and human development, aims to:
• Present country-level examples of water stewardship networks and the synergies established across stakeholder groups
• Discuss how innovative financing models can drive sustainability of solutions
• Identify key factors for the effective design and delivery of programs, with a focus on scale
• Develop a joint action plan for further collaboration to enhance the impacts of stewardship initiatives
Through a discussion on potential collaboration models within and across countries, the event aims to mobilize complementary initiatives to serve as aggregators of knowledge, networks, data, and action.
- Commitment to improve collaboration on water stewardship among co-conveners
- Invitation to other stakeholders to partner on water stewardship
- Highlights of successful collaborative action models in-country
- Initial ideas for implementation
14:30 – 15:15 Country Engagements – Collaboration on Water Stewardship – World Café Format
- Identified partnership and financing models for collaboration
- Potential areas for future action